Saturday, August 18, 2012

8th month


First time swinging at the park
First time at the zoo (in Syracuse)
First time staying in a hotel
 
First belly laughs :)

First time in Skaneateles
Miss Independent feeding herself
At Black Creek Park
First baseball game (Uncle Matt was distracting her from watching Uncle Chris play)
First tooth!

First time at Springdale Farm
First time meeting Eliana!
She's so adorable!

First wedding! (Matt and Sarah Lynch) 
At the reception

Little moments:

·         * sits completely on her own and puts her arm out to catch herself if she starts to fall - doesn't know how to get from sitting to her back or stomach so if I put her down somewhere I know she isn't going anywhere (for now)
·         * makes kisses sounds/smacks her lips all the time
·         * turns pages in books (often upsidedown)
·         * started peas (not a big fan at first – talked/ignored the spoon instead of eating) and lots of other new foods
·         * rolls everywhere
·         * crawls backwards and   inchworm crawls forward - SO close to full out crawling
·         * "dances" (bounces up and down if she's sitting and there is music on)
·         * FINALLY got her first two teeth after teething for 4 months
·         * I'm starting to lose my little cuddler - she starts to cuddle and then suddenly pushes up and looks around like she's afraid she's going to miss something. I still get my cuddles in when she's super tired. :)
·         * lots of talking and singing - lots of new sounds although "dada" is still her favorite
·         * starting to understand language more - will usually look at me if someone asks, "Where's Mommy?"  she knows Tracker too and she's getting there with Daddy. She understands when I ask her if she wants more while she's eating. 
    * giggling and laughing a lot more!
   * likes to turn the light off in the bathroom...I let her bat wildly at the light switch and sometimes she can get the down motion enough to turn it off 
   * starting to see some anger and frustration - she's not happy when I tell her no when she tries to grab my glasses off my face. She even had a little tantrum for Gramma when she tried to put Allie in her carseat and apparently she didn't want to be in there. She gave Gramma a little grunt/yell and balled up her fist. Gramma, the disciplinarian, couldn't stop laughing.
   * She's getting quieter in unfamiliar situations - she gets very serious and needs awhile to take everything in 
   * has cried a few times when handed to someone new or someone she doesn't know very well - looks at Mommy like I've betrayed her 
   * LOVES Tracker...shrieks excitedly almost every morning when she sees him for the first time
   * has enjoyed being able to sleep in this summer (and so has Mommy) - sleeping 7:30pm - 7:30 or 8:30am - with two 1 1/2 to 2 hour naps during the day


8 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment