Saturday, April 7, 2012

Allie's Nursery

Picture of Allie's room from when we walked through at the Open House.

This is what we found under the lovely teal wooden border.
All sanded and primed.
Surprise! We won't be needing those blue and brown samples after all...
After our surprising ultrasound when we found out we would be having an Allie instead of a Jake, we called my Dad to tell him. Aaron asked for the phone and said, "I was wondering if you wanted to help paint your granddaughter's nursery..."
 
 




I really wanted her name in the room, but it wasn't going to work over her crib since her crib wasn't centered on the wall. Above the closet worked out perfectly!
 
 
 
Inexpensive wall art...a piece of beautiful wrapping paper my Mom found at Parkleigh and some cheap (mismatched) frames I bought on clearance at Michaels!
 
Messages friends and family wrote to Allie at the baby shower. :)
Changing table...FINALLY found bins that fit! I told my Mom the dimensions that I was having a hard time finding and she found these at the Christmas Tree Shop! 
 Wall art for $25 at Burlington randomly enough!
 Changing pad cover
Crib
$15 find on Amazon! It looks like it lets a lot of light in, but it makes the room so dark we don't even need a shade! I'm thinking about buying a second one for aesthetics so we can push them open in the middle instead of pushing it to one side.
 
 Some of my, I mean Allie's, turtles...on the gorgeous quilt her Great Aunt Jane made for her!
 Amazing detail!
Last detail: Aaron's awesome find! Night light and light switch plate on clearance at Babies R Us for $5! 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple and the framed wrapping paper, so clever.

    ReplyDelete