Thursday, March 1, 2012

1st month

First drive through - Burger King on the way home from the hospital: 2 days old

First night home: 2 days old

First Christmas Eve Eve celebration at Aunt Jane's: 5 days old
 
First Christmas: 1 week old

First time visiting Grampa at work: 3 weeks old


Little moments:
* "Um, she doesn't have eyebrows...should we be concerned about that?" ~Chris
* Aaron's totally freaked out expression when it was time to take her home.
* Missing Allie when she was asleep (this took me by surprise!)
* Mom having to go out and buy more clothes for her because almost everything was too big on her.
* Aaron reading Allie the Christmas story from her own Bible on Christmas morning.
* Sar and I feeding our babies side by side.
*Allie making an “o” with her mouth while looking around the room.
·         * Feeding time: grabbing my fingers, wrapping her legs around me, and raising her eyebrows
     * Stopping eating to fart, then starting up again (inherited her father's inability to multitask)
     * Smiling in her sleep
     * Holding her pacifier in her mouth
* First real smiles
·    
·          Most sleep deprived moment:
I had several times in Allie's first month of life where I would wake up thinking I was holding her when in fact I was just hugging a pillow. One night she was crying in her pack and play next to our bed. I thought I was holding her so I turned to Aaron and said, "Honey, can you take her?" Being just as sleep deprived as I was, he took the pillow. As he was taking it, I realized it wasn't actually my daughter and said, "Nevermind..." Aaron proceeded to take the pillowcase off of the pillow before I could take the pillow back. I got up to feed Allie...during her next feeding Aaron groggily woke up and said, "Why is this pillowcase off of the pillow??"



1 month stats:
 Weight: 7lbs, 3oz (7th%)
Height: 20 inches (16th%)
         

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love you handing the pillowcase. I used to wake up in a panic so many nights dreaming we had fallen asleep with Grace in the bed with us.

    I love reading these early newborn memories.

    ReplyDelete